Sinclair Wrist Calculator UNBUILT on Ebay

ZX80 / ZX81 hardware and software offered for sale or swapping
PokeMon

Re: Sinclair Wrist Calculator UNBUILT on Ebay

Post by PokeMon »

RetroTechie wrote:Nice find indeed! 8-)

@Jody: please try to understand the difference between "price" and "value".
I agree to this point. If I would own this watch I never would sell it. And I wouldn't leave it unfinished in this box. I would build up the watch and maybe where it to show some people. This must have been a cool gadget in 1978 I guess. Think about wearing it at school and teacher asking about, I would say this is simply a watch (in the math lesson). :mrgreen:

But I wouldn't sell this item to someone. If anybody is willing to pay about 500 USD for it - I don't believe. But you never know.

@Jody
And yes, I am not a native speaker but I think my englisch is better than your german - so nothing for me to worry about. ;)
RetroTechie

Re: Sinclair Wrist Calculator UNBUILT on Ebay

Post by RetroTechie »

Auction ended, winning bid: US$ 482 or nearly Eur 400 :shock: (2 bids placed)

Let's hope new owner puts it on display some time, as this is pretty rare equipment... A calculator in kit form, aimed at the 'mass public' (or at least those with soldering skills). Unimaginable these days! Btw Jody, willing to share to which country it's going?
Jody wrote:My apartment looks like a damn vintage electronics repair warehouse (just ask my girl), she doesn't share my "enthusiasm", so to speak. lol
A highly profitable 2nd hand store find like this would be a good excuse to take your significant other out on a date! Might also make her more tolerant of that junk... ;) (note junk without quotes :lol: )