Expect Price Hikes on ebay from September

ZX80 / ZX81 hardware and software offered for sale or swapping
RWAP

Expect Price Hikes on ebay from September

Post by RWAP »

Apparently from September, business sellers on ebay will have to pay the final value fee calculated on both the final price of their item and the post and packing.

This means that I will need to increase the amount I currently charge for p&p by around 11% to cover the 10% ebay will take off me!

I daresay other business sellers will do likewise.

The other change which is due 'in Autumn' is that if business sellers want to retain their 'Top Rated Seller' status (which gives them higher placing in search results), they will need to offer 'free postage' - this will have a real impact on low price items, such as games - for example, a seller may list 30 games at 99p plus £1.50 p&p at the moment.

Taking into account the changes, they will need to charge 99p plus £1.67 p&p OR list each game at £1.76 with free postage - of course the problem with the latter, is that if a buyer wants to buy 10 games, they would have to pay £17.60, rather than getting a postage discount!

No wonder I'm seeing a surge in sales on sellmyretro.com !
PokeMon

Re: Expect Price Hikes on ebay from September

Post by PokeMon »

I like your platform.
Just today got an error message when editing any listing (not adding new items or resell/relist items):
Editing is done anyway, this is just a hint to you.

Code: Select all

Error in file : EpiTwitter.php on line number 254

Error message :

{"errors":[{"code":191,"message":"User SellMyRetro is over daily photo limit"}]}
RWAP

Re: Expect Price Hikes on ebay from September

Post by RWAP »

Thanks for that - looks like I need to check how many photos have been posted to the Twitter feed.....

I didn't think I would hit the limit - but obviously did!

Rich