1K Hires games pack finally for sale!

ZX80 / ZX81 hardware and software offered for sale or swapping
dr beep

1K Hires games pack finally for sale!

Post by dr beep »

Hello World,
great news! I found someone to help me make tapes for the 1K hires game collection.

As mentioned in august 2012 all benefits will go to a good cause. Revival Studios has donated the prints and tape for me.
So truly all benefits will go to the cancer foundation (KWF). How ironical it is that AFTER i decided to donate KWF my wife
is diagnosed with cancer. At the moment that I type this message she is getting a chemo-cure at the hospital.

I can therefore only ask to you all to order your unique gamecassette. Although most games have been released on the internet as
free games think of the good feeling you will get from buying this tape.

More than that, especially for the cassette a new version of SOKOB-ONE is added as bonus.
After carefully recoding the game I was able to make a new version with 20 new levels in 1K.

The total gamepack has now 21 games (20 unique games + bonus Sokob-1 v2)
Where the initial gamepack would cost 10 euro for 10 games you will now get 21 games for 15 euro (+pp)!

See the picture of the cassette (first saled item!)

The goal is still to reach 1K for good cause, so that will be 67 tapes.
After sales I will personally donate the check with explanation of the project and report back the final results!

Finally what do you get:

Code: Select all

01) Wiwo Dido, the case of Mazeddy's Castle
02) Blocky
03) Return to Mazeddy's Castle (3d Maze)
04) Ghost Hunt
05) 3D Random Maze
06) Othello
07) Bowling
08) Spy vs Spy
09) Memory
10) Police Patrol
11) Pong
12) Saloon City
13) Meteor Storm
14) Carrace
15) Outlaw
16) Sokob-one
17) Pinball
18) Hunt the Wumpus
19) Locomotion
20) Qbert

++) Sokob1 v2

Orders can be placed at DR_BEEP2000@OOHAY.DE where you need to reverse the name between @ and . to prevent bots from mailing.
I will not read the mail daily, but within a week you will get a reply!
RWAP

Re: 1K Hires games pack finally for sale!

Post by RWAP »

Excellent news - I guessed Revival Studios had helped as soon as I saw the pic.

If you want to list some on sellmyretro.com - I will waive any fees.

Rich
dr beep

Post by dr beep »

First orders received, all different countries

1) Holland
2) Germany
3) UK
4) New Zealand!
dr beep

Post by dr beep »

So far:

Code: Select all

1) Holland              1
2) Germany              1
3) UK                   4
4) New Zealand          1
dr beep

Post by dr beep »

REALLY GETTING ANNOYED!!!!!!!!

I had my ZX81 repaired with CCP interface, worked all well.
Problems to solve: the recorded tapes just don't load into a ZX81.

So today I tried to solve this once again. Recording from PC to tapedeck to ZX81 goes well, recorded data however just won't load ok due to difference in left/right recording and that causes loaderrors.

Well as I said, I am trying to solve this and now I don't even get a cursor anymore on the ZX81. I think it has died!!!

Anyone here has a way to check the recorded tapes in any other way.
I.e. somehow load them back into a PC/emulator???

Other option would be to make either CD-roms with WAV, P-files and extra options like sources and other documentation, but then I need to make new printed CD's. Also possible: use the cassettecases and put a small USB into it with same data as above.

Please bring in your solutions.
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

+1 for the usb stick idea. I think you may be able to get a small stick very cheap - perhaps not as cheap as a cassette but certainly less trouble. I would happily pay the extra cost for the stick.
PokeMon

Post by PokeMon »

dr beep wrote: Well as I said, I am trying to solve this and now I don't even get a cursor anymore on the ZX81. I think it has died!!!
Maybe it is just the power supply. You could try an alternative power supply with 9V DC.

About the cassette - I think a USB stick would be maybe too much extra cost. So in fact I don't need. And I am not sure if anybody would really load it from that tape but it would be cool to have the cassette even if it's not working. It's even nice to look at. I have some games from revivalstudios with cassette too, but never tried to load them as I have the digital version (.p-File) as well. So just keep on - maybe it is only about loudness from PC / soundcard. And as I found out while using load from my IDE (i usually use it with not much problems) I know that you need mono adapters on both sides to get it worked. So I have a standard stereo cable but use mono adapter on ZX81 side and on soundcard side. Didn't work with stereo cable directly and did not work with mono adapter on ZX81 side only.

So just keep on - I think revival studios did record the tapes properly as they do it for all other games released there. If the tapes have been recorded there - I did understand this in your first posting here.
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

I find making tapes easy, stereo lead from PC to Technics ( or any other for that matter) stereo cassette deck, VU level just into the red no Dolby and set for normal (ferric)tape, record as needed, then play the tape on a normal mono cassette player (Sony TCM 939 from Argos in My case) into the zeddy.
Works 100% no fiddling with CD players,mp3s or shoving bits of wire into parallel ports to make bodged adaptors :lol:

Yes I know it's all more expense, more to buy etc but if You are going to do it reliably it's worth it, but maybe not justifiable for one off's

I'm lucky in that I have a small studio and I'm geared up for audio work but experience has taught Me that the above method is very reliable and that laptops with their weak audio outputs and the various ideas on adaptors mp3s etc are a waste of time, bite the bullet like I did at the time and find a good old fashioned separate stereo tape deck for the recording then a cheap MONO one for the playback thus removing the worry about unbalanced R/L channels( trust Me it works every time).
Then use Charlie's tapescrape to put everything on SD card for the xpand :lol: :lol:

EDIT
If like PokeMon You have a stereo cable that splits into two mono plugs first put the wav file into a utility like audacity or similar turn the wav into a MONO file then play into the zeddy using one of the mono plugs. That way You save on the cost of a mono cassette player for one offs, although this needs a sound card with a better than line level output, like the older sound blaster and Yamaha types which had dedicated outputs to drive unamplified earphones/speakers with the slightly higher level a zeddy expects at its input.
dr beep

Post by dr beep »

Thanks for the feedback.

I think I can make the tapes ready!
Paul

Post by Paul »

If your zx81 stays non operative I would be honored if you accepted a working issue1 Board in exchange.
If you pm your Adress I can ship one the next day.
Kind regards
Paul
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.