Interesting interface on ebay.

ZX80 / ZX81 hardware and software offered for sale or swapping
Moggy

Interesting interface on ebay.

Post by Moggy »

The auction is primarily for a Eprom Services eprom blower though in all honesty I don't think it is,it certainly doesn't resemble the one I own from the same company (As far as I can remember they only made two types for the zeddy MK1/2 and they didn't look like this).

What is interesting though is the unmentioned American made Paul Hunter eprom/battery backed ram board shown as the main picture in the listing (does the seller think this is the blower)?.
They can be configured for either ram(2116) or eprom (2716/2732) or both combined, this one has the battery cell holder but not the read/write switch fitted.

They were vary desirable at the time and I used to use mine loaded with a tool kit some speech for My sweet talker and the rom from Memotechs z80 assembler on board until Charlie made it redundant with His damn zxpand :lol:

Anyhow should anyone want to bid on this and win it I have full instruction/construction manual for it listing the various configurations of the board plus some sample programs, that I am more than happy to share. :D

I would add I have nothing to do with this auction in any way , just thought it worth mentioning.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZX81-EPROM-Bl ... 233831b4c0

EDIT Just noticed the 8255 chip on one of the cards as used by Eprom Services as the interface between the z80 and the eprom being programmed , so there may be a blower amongst this lot somewhere but certainly not the Hunter board in the main picture.