ZXpand+ ... 3.. 2.. 1..

ZX80 / ZX81 hardware and software offered for sale or swapping
AndrewL

Re: ZXpand+ ... 3.. 2.. 1..

Post by AndrewL »

I have joined the queue for a new ZXPand board, PM sent. I really cannot wait to get this old ZX working again, the thing changed my life.
Paul

Post by Paul »

sirmorris wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 8:54 am Head over to our sister forum at tlienhard.com and ask there perhaps? They are a very knowledgeable friendly bunch, all with perfect English.

C
So Charlie, you think I'm not in this
"knowledgeable friendly bunch" because my English isn't good enough? :evil:
Moggy! Release your dog! :mrgreen:
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

:lol:
davidebarlotti

Post by davidebarlotti »

sirmorris wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 8:54 am
davidebarlotti wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 4:54 am Do you think can works also with a Lamba 8300 clones family?
Interesting. I know that some clones have a virtually unaltered ROM, with extensions in the 8-16k area. Is there a ROM dump for this machine?

The main issue with clones tends to be that the expansion ports are located differently and ZXpand covers the power/tape/video ports :( This can be got around with an extender however. A picture of the back side of the machine would clear that up.

I know members of the ZX-team use lambdas. Perhaps they can answer more definitively. Head over to our sister forum at tlienhard.com and ask there perhaps? They are a very knowledgeable friendly bunch, all with perfect English.

C
I would like try to install on this clone CAC-3 that use the same Lambda ULA but with a different ROM
here a link with the pictures
https://youtu.be/T4TV1ufjDdw

here the dump of the ROM
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoV8jy5ju4UQgc00RYwSFyCy8Ulzeg

Is present also a second ROM with a monitor but at the moment aren't able to dump correctly.
What is odd in this ULA is the presence of the character set inside the ULA (six character are different).
Is present a custom ROM to increase the compatibility with the ZX81 but without restore the correct character,

I got another clone (need to fix it) but sure will be impossible install the ZXPand+... all pins in the user port are unconnected!!
https://youtu.be/JJzyjnJ9EiI
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Paul wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 12:58 pm
sirmorris wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 8:54 am Head over to our sister forum at tlienhard.com and ask there perhaps? They are a very knowledgeable friendly bunch, all with perfect English.

C
So Charlie, you think I'm not in this
"knowledgeable friendly bunch" because my English isn't good enough? :evil:
Moggy! Release your dog! :mrgreen:
Brenda is heading Oxfordshire way as I type this.
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (4.98 KiB) Viewed 4834 times
Paul

Post by Paul »

Thanks a lot Moggy. That will teach SirMorris not to call me a fool :mrgreen:
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

Down Brenda! Down! Bad dog Ba-mmmffffff no! go to your bed! ba-uhhhhrrrrrnaaaa aaaaaaaaaarg!
Paul

Post by Paul »

:mrgreen:
PokeMon

Post by PokeMon »

If your MIDI interface would be already implemented, you could play some dog whistle sound to fend any dog attacks. :mrgreen:
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

I don't mind the biting it's the licking that unnerves me :?