Various ZX81 Items on SellMyRetro.com

ZX80 / ZX81 hardware and software offered for sale or swapping
RWAP

Various ZX81 Items on SellMyRetro.com

Post by RWAP »

I have picked up a huge collection of ZX81 items this weekend, and will be listing them over the coming weeks on sellmyretro.com

There are some real rarities and oddities in there, including:

- a Telex decoder
- a Zebra Systems light pen
- Edge connectors
- Add-on keyboards (I think it may be a fileSixty keyboard?)
- Lots and lots of books

Some more goodies - you will have to wait until they are listed....

See http://www.sellmyretro.com/category/All ... clair+ZX81
RWAP

Re: Various ZX81 Items on SellMyRetro.com

Post by RWAP »

Some more rare items have been added to my listings now....

- Real time Digitiser
- Memotech Keyboard and Interface
- ZX Panda Expansion Module
- Lots more books

Does anyone have a manual for the digitiser - I can't find any information anywhere!
Bill H

Post by Bill H »

If this item is complete and working:

http://www.sellmyretro.com/offer/detail ... anual-2193

Then someone should get it, make a detailed scan of the circuit board and dump the ROM so it can be recreated. Would love to have a disk drive for the TS1000..

Bill H
RWAP

Post by RWAP »

Hmm looks as though the Byte Back Realtime module is in fact a realtime clock not a digitiser - but without the manual, who knows...

Why would a clock have an input and a rocker switch - ideas on a postcard to.....

At least I have now found some software for it
BrunoFlorindo

Post by BrunoFlorindo »

If I had enough money to buy the items that haven't been studied yet I would purchase all of them and have them sent to my good friend at hardware.speccy.org. He's been photographing, creating schematics and studying items carefully for me for several years now, and posting his findings online so everyone can re-create the hardware if needed. I also have another friend (superfo, a member here) who helped me do the same thing with the TS1510 cartridge player. I'm glad when I see items like these surfacing, but sad because of the big possibility that someone will buy them and never share anything with us, at all. :( :( :(

The best place to read more about the Byte Back interfaces is any Sync magazine. Several pages on that magazine had pictures of the interfaces with advertisements explaining what they were for.
RWAP

Post by RWAP »

I have also been listing a load of books for the Sinclair ZX81 and Timex Sinclair TS1000/TS1500 computers - with plenty more to sort through... :D

Buy Sinclair ZX81 books on sellmyretro.com
Buy Timex/Sinclair TS1000 books on sellmyretro.com
gozzo

Post by gozzo »

I've won the bid for and now received the compusa zx81 fdc 100 floppy interface - interesting thing as it uses only standard logic chips and no special floppy controller chips - I hope I can get it working (fingers crossed) . I'll TRY(no promises, though, I'm not a qualified electronics engineer,but do know a reasonable amount, I just dabble a bit, mostly valve radios, but also some old computers!) to work out the circuit and if I do, I'll post it somewhere here, and also try to get a rom dump but there may be problems with this - my eprom programmer only handles 2764 and higher and the eprom labelled fdc is a 2716 - I'll have to try to rig up an adapter, there are 2 other eproms soldered piggyback(don't yet know the types) with a 74ls14 piggyback on these - I can guess why this was done - probably didn't have a single eprom of the size required -so had to rig 2 up somehow (?!?!), worst problem may be that one or more of these could have faded out (aaarrgghh!) if so , stuffed! as for the rest of it, the pcb is double sided but not through hole plated so there are many through links and chips are also soldered on the top side (damn!) ,has 2 other piggybacked chips (double damn!) plus a switch wired in - this looks like a change/modification as there is a through link which has been removed and a couple of tracks cut and wire links added (triple damn!), plus the board doesn't have compusa on it but z81dif, maybe as stated in the sale listing, a 'clone' or a kit version,chips seem to be mostly dated 1987 or 1988,some LS, some HCT!! I haven't been able to find anything out about it on the net apart from someone asking for information on it. :-( I have found a company in america (obviously!) called compusa, I wonder if they are the same lot and may still have some data on it??
Attachments
fdc.JPG
(288.18 KiB) Downloaded 2273 times
Bill H

Post by Bill H »

Compusa was up till a few years ago a big computer store.I dont think they are the same ones.
gozzo

Post by gozzo »

I supposed it would be a long shot to think that after nearly 30 years the same company would be around! But if there's anyone out there that can help in any way with this, it would be much appreciated!! :-) Hopefully get round to testing it in a few days after I have resurrected my ZX81-in-a-Fuller-keyboard !
Bill H

Post by Bill H »

I used to have someting on this not sure if it was just the ads. Someone on here mirroredmy old www.ts1000.us site and it should be in that mirror.

Bill H