White ZX80 Memory Module or Real ZX80 Memory

ZX80 / ZX81 hardware and software requested for either sale or swapping
SKW41

White ZX80 Memory Module or Real ZX80 Memory

Post by SKW41 »

Hi

My name is Sean and most have read Post from me. I want an original 3K memory module. They were white in color, and I am willing
to pay alot of money to get a working one. I would rather have the full 4K memory module.. I know later they did come out with a 16K module,but
I do not want a ZX81 memory module or the Timex Sinclair 16K memory module. Those were not the ones sold for the ZX80 computer.

I am trying to keep my ZX80 all original and it works great.

I am willing to buy a 16K memory module as long as it was not for the ZX81 computer. I want the 16K module that was intended for th ZX80 computer.

Now if someone has a working White Module that was the 3K then I will pay what ever it takes to get it. It must work so please test it.
Sorry I did memtion 4K memory. See the 3K memory module has extra chips sockets to expand it to 4K of memory.

FOR 1k OF MEMORY EXTENTION ,ICs 1,2,9 ARE USED

FOR 2k OF MEMORY EXTENTION ,IC's 3,4 ARE ADDED WITH THE FIRST CHIPS

FOR 3k OF MEMORY EXTENTION , IC'S 3,4,5,AND 6

FOR 4k FIT ALL IC'S WHICH INCLUDE 7,8

SO THE LITTLE WHITE 3k MEMORY MODULE FOR THE ZX80 CAN BE EXPANDED TO 4k OF MEMORY BY ADDING CHIPS 7,8

Look here and you will see what I want..

http://www.nvg.org/sinclair/computers/p ... mpacks.htm

Thanks
Sean
SKW41

Re: White ZX80 Memory Module or Real ZX80 Memory

Post by SKW41 »

Hi everyone

I see Many have read my post.. I was just wondering how rare is the White Memory Pack and Does anyone have one at all????

I posted a website that shows the White memory pack on the post above.

Sean
zx81jens

Post by zx81jens »

Hi Sean!

Well - these RAM-PAK´s are rare - that´s true. I didin´t have one - but I want one ;-)

Hard to find!

If I´ll find two - I´ll give one to you :-)

Greetings
Jens
eyerything will be okay in the end.
if it´s not okay, it´s not the end.

and: uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ɹǝʌǝ ɹǝʌǝu ןןıʍ ı
SKW41

Post by SKW41 »

Hi Jen

That sounds great to me..I hope you find them...I really have fun programing these computers..

Thanks Sean
SKW41

Post by SKW41 »

HI everyone

Thank you for the help. I guess getting a White memory pack in out of the question.

Thank you for the help

Sean
neazoi

Post by neazoi »

Hello,
I need the schematic of the 3K ram pack, or very detailed photos of the internal PCB so I will be able to reproduce it for this computer http://www.microwave.gr/giannopk/zxcomputer/
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

I can't help with the schematic but I can say what a lovely piece of work that is..!

C
Prime

Post by Prime »

I do have the white 3K RAM pack, infact I had it many years before I even had a ZX80...and no It's not for sale, I'm keeping it.

But I would be prepared to trace it out to make a schematic, I may even be prepared to strip the board and take some scans of the bare board, depending on how easily things will desolder, I don't really want to dammage the board.

Can't see the schematics being too difficult after all it's just 3 banks of 1K and some address decoding.

Any idea if (like the 16K pack), this one disables the internal RAM, or if it just decodes itself at 17K (just above the internal RAM) ???

BTW just been looking on ebay (uk) and there are two of the 3K RAM packs on there at the moment.....

Cheers.

Phill.
Prime

Post by Prime »

Ok here's the product of an evening's work, this is the schematic and layout of the 1K-3K ZX80 RAM pack, this isn not an exact copy I have used straight and champhered(sp?) tracks throughout the board, but it should be buildable and should produce a working RAM pack. The Schematic IS (hopefully) an acurate copy. The board dimesions should be acurate, however the 3 holes may be slightly off.

It should cirtainly be enough to produce a working replica.
zx80-3k-issue1.zip
ZX80 3K ram pack schematics and layout.
(98.82 KiB) Downloaded 404 times
Cheers.

Phill.