WANTED! Alphacom 32 or ZX Printer

ZX80 / ZX81 hardware and software requested for either sale or swapping
PrimitivePerson

WANTED! Alphacom 32 or ZX Printer

Post by PrimitivePerson »

Does anyone have an Alphacom 32 printer they want to part with? No problem if it's battered, tatty etc., as long as it works and has the PSU with it, I'll pay a reasonable sum.

I'll consider a working ZX Printer as well, but does anyone know where I can get a suitable 1.2A PSU for the ZX81 to go with it? I have the bog-standard 0.7A one. Will this work with a ZX Printer or not?

Cheers

Lee
BrunoFlorindo

Re: WANTED! Alphacom 32 or ZX Printer

Post by BrunoFlorindo »

I don't know if you were able to obtain one, but I'm sure I've seen them on eBay for a good price, more than once. I myself have at least two of each, but unfortunately they're in Portugal, buried in dozens of boxes that I'll open "one day" when I finally get a chance to have a room just for my computer stuff.

You can also buy a new, never-used Alphacom 32 box from Zebra Systems. I bought one and it comes with everything. The product is good, but the people behind the company are not very friendly and they lack communication skills. If you buy it it will arrive for sure, but I wouldn't try contacting them to ask questions...

Not sure about the PSU.
RWAP

Re: WANTED! Alphacom 32 or ZX Printer

Post by RWAP »

I have a spare Alphacom 32 printer and UK PSU (I couldn't find the PSU), complete with some paper - open to offers.