Wanted - assembly instructions for LPK-1 logic probe

ZX80 / ZX81 hardware and software requested for either sale or swapping
prolog

Wanted - assembly instructions for LPK-1 logic probe

Post by prolog »

Hi all

This is a shot in the dark - but as I know many of you were 'in the chip scene' in the 80s it is remotely possible someone has a copy of what I need.

If you look through adverts in the usual electronics and computing mags of the time you will see the Global Specialities LPK-1 logic probe kit. Oddly enough I found one of these kits in a boot sale a couple of weeks ago!! However, the seller said they'd lost the docs that came with it. I'm fairly sure it is complete as the components are all still bagged.

I contacted Global Specialities, who still sell the later model probes, but not in kit form. A customer liaison person said I needed to contact the hardware division rather than the FoH and she gave me their website. So, I went to the contact link on the second website...and got her again. So, while she is sorting out her recursion loop I thought I'd ask here, as this forum has proven to be a revelation on everything else I've asked about!

all the best

Jeff
terlizzi

Re: Wanted - assembly instructions for LPK-1 logic probe

Post by terlizzi »

prolog
I have an assembled device I can take a photo
If you can send me the led part number as one of them went bad?
to
tom.terlizzi@gmail.com
if you have any schematic info that would be great also
thanks
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Christopher L. Rose
terlizzi

Post by terlizzi »

Christopher,
thanks but it's a different logic probe
I put something up on my web site
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Hi terlizzi and Jeff (prolog)
Maybe some pictures of the built unit and of the kit of parts would help. For the built unit, inside and outside pictures would help :D
Most logic probes are not that complex. Some are built using transistors, some use 4000 series CMOS IC's, some use 74LS series IC's and some use a mixture.

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
prolog

Post by prolog »

Wow! never give up on a question on this forum!

Just to say first I have nothing except the parts! The LEDs are unmarked but the other parts are. Capacitors are straight out of Dan Dare, great whopping things that can also be used in art installations. The LEDs are 5mm tho I suppose you can see that! Different companies seem to have different codes for these - might depend on the forward voltage, but not having the docs I don't know.

Yes I'd love to see a photo of the completed board! I'll send my e-mail.

Hi Christopher - this probe is pretty basic, no ICs just transistors - I'll get the camera out!

And thanks for the schematic for the Lego probe - what a great idea. Can't decide between a NXT or a Skypee... :?: