Wanted: Software guru....

ZX80 / ZX81 hardware and software requested for either sale or swapping
PokeMon

Re: Wanted: Software guru....

Post by PokeMon »

sirmorris wrote: TASM can generate a listing file which is why I favour it. PASMO could eat the tasm code without too many changes so that's why I used it. But I'm not happy with either. I used TASM's macros extensively, and had to lose them when I switched :(
Hi Charly,
you are welcome. :mrgreen:

No I can understand, it's always hard to do the first steps on a new system and leave a not perfect but working system which you know very well.
So I am now on the way of fixing the listing - it is in the next version few hours away only. I am not very happy that the listing tool is an external tool which has to be called via system call.

It opens automatically in the IDE on request and with magic hands but I am looking for the best way to implement because it is timing dependent. Can not open when it's not created already - had one version opened the old content :mrgreen: and integrating directly is a hard way. Not working as I expected, many double named labels, variables and so on. But this is only some small detail which cost me a bit more time to fix. I try do it perfect, I think you know what does it mean. :roll:

Your second part - the macros.
I am not sure but I guess they could be adapted with not too much work.
Macro languages are not so different.

Take a look at the macro instructions here:
http://flatassembler.net/docs.php?article=manual

And keep in mind that FASM has a powerful FIX instruction which allows to rename commands and instructions even in preprocessor.
People advise not to much use but could be helpful for maybe adapting some syntax.
And also I would propose to open an account at the message board, have many helpful and friendly people.
http://board.flatassembler.net/index.php

I just implemented another instruction set (and some useful commands like tape loader) but most part is same as FASM for x86.
So if you have a question regarding change TASM to FASM I think many people like to help you and help with macros same way.
And I tested all listings of Wearmouth to adapt. They work perfect with only changing two or three EQU in the beginning.
There is one open point regarding labels, which are now only accepted with : behind it. I found one listing with some missing : what
I expect to allow either assembling with or without :. But as I am working with integrating BASIC into IDE and use decimal line numbers
(without ":" ) this work have to be done soon.

And of course I would like to support you with some needed features in the IDE.
Could send you source but I think it is better when the IDE is build at one garage.
Doesn't help much to have several versions with several features.

So let me know if I can help. 8-)
Last edited by PokeMon on Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

I'm nearly finished converting the ZXpand ROM source, the macro functions were not hard once I'd found the online documentation :D

I'm having a problem at the moment with an error relating to an undeclared label, but this may be to do with it's name: LOAD

C

*EDIT - yes, it was the label LOAD - it appears to be a reserved word. Used with STORE it allows the use of previously assembled code.

This assembler has some quite bizarre and powerful commands ..!
Last edited by sirmorris on Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PokeMon

Post by PokeMon »

sirmorris wrote:I'm nearly finished converting the ZXpand ROM source, the macro functions were not hard once I'd found the online documentation :D

I'm having a problem at the moment with an error relating to an undeclared label, but this may be to do with it's name: LOAD

C
Yes - load is a directive.
See 2.2.4 Addressing spaces
http://flatassembler.net/docs.php?article=manual#2.2.4