Wanted: Keyboard

ZX80 / ZX81 hardware and software requested for either sale or swapping
MikeW

Wanted: Keyboard

Post by MikeW »

I'm looking for a keyboard for my '81. I'm afraid my fingers don't work as well as they used to...

So if anyone has a Fuller keyboard or the like they want to sell, let me know.

Mike
REX LIES IN WAIT
1024MAK

Re: Wanted: Keyboard

Post by 1024MAK »

Keep an eye on eBay, but expect to pay >£40

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
RWAP

Post by RWAP »

There is a partly completed Maplin Keyboard project on sellmyretro.com - http://www.sellmyretro.com/offer/detail ... ct%29-2283
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

If anyone wants/needs details of the Maplin ZX81 keyboard, let me know and I will fire-up the scanner and camera :D
The Maplin one is interesting because the extra keys included also have some circuitry to provide the special functions, unlike some keyboards where the extra keys are not actually connected!

I also have the circuit for the Memotech keyboard interface (which has the lower 8 address bits fully decoded :o ) but not the keyboard matrix as the keyboard PCB is glued in :( .

Some people have adapted old IBM compatible PC keyboards (the type that used keys with individual key-switches).

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
MikeW

Post by MikeW »

1024MAK wrote:If anyone wants/needs details of the Maplin ZX81 keyboard, let me know and I will fire-up the scanner and camera :D
The Maplin one is interesting because the extra keys included also have some circuitry to provide the special functions, unlike some keyboards where the extra keys are not actually connected!
30 Years ago I had the Maplin keyboard. I later converted it to my Spectrum by buying the replacement key labels. Unfortunately it was left in a loft in north wales around 15 years ago (along with a lot of my other old computer stuff). Wonder if it's still there...
Some people have adapted old IBM compatible PC keyboards (the type that used keys with individual key-switches)
Now you've given my an idea...

Mike
REX LIES IN WAIT
Bill H

Post by Bill H »

Some people have adapted old IBM compatible PC keyboards (the type that used keys with individual key-switches)
Now you've given my an idea...

Mike[/quote]

I still have this in my closet:

http://forum.tlienhard.com/ts1000/www.t ... y-1000.htm - Someday I will get them out of there

Bill H
iturbez

Post by iturbez »

1024MAK wrote:If anyone wants/needs details of the Maplin ZX81 keyboard, let me know and I will fire-up the scanner and camera :D
Let's see it!

It seems interesting...
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

Perhaps a remake is in order? :D
MikeW

Post by MikeW »

something like...

REX LIES IN WAIT
MikeW

Post by MikeW »

I also have the circuit for the Memotech keyboard interface (which has the lower 8 address bits fully decoded :o ) but not the keyboard matrix as the keyboard PCB is glued in :( .

Some people have adapted old IBM compatible PC keyboards (the type that used keys with individual key-switches).

Mark
Incidently, I was just googling around when I came across

http://web.mac.com/lord_philip/sinclair ... jects.html

Don't know if it belongs to anyone here, but I fould it interesting.

Mike
REX LIES IN WAIT