JSZeddy

Emulator and emulator development specific topics
Fruitcake

Re: JSZeddy

Post by Fruitcake »

olofsen wrote:Thanks! Do you have a "attributes file colour mode" demo? Then I'll implement that as well.
I'll put something together a simple demo for you to test with. If you drop me an email then I will send it directly to you when ready.

I've now added a colour file to my website for my ZX81 Kong game. It uses the flicker-free technique to generate a steady display (thereby allowing it to run on a ZX80 fitted with the ZX81 ROM). However, JSZeddy does not appear to support flicker-free games yet...
olofsen

Post by olofsen »

It should now support it, including Kong, with colours (start with 56k memory by pressing the "24k" button, and "7568" at the arrows field to use the arrow keys) :)
SafePit

Post by SafePit »

Woah! A working ZX81 javascript emulator! Where have you been all my life?

So far it runs all the standard basic programs I've thrown at it. I'd love to replace the Java emulator on my web site as it is getting harder and harder to keep working and doesn't work on tablets. :(

Were you planning to allow others to use it or just off your site? If you allow others, could I ask that you add the ability to auto-load a program and the option to remove the eye candy around (registers and such). Please please!!!

I'm going to test on an iPad when I get a chance and see if it works on a tablet. I've only found one javascript emulator that seems to properly accept touch input (pulls up a keyboard) and that was a C64 emulator that included a focus box (nice touch).
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

It does run on a ipad...
image.jpg
(510.63 KiB) Downloaded 841 times
But once you start typing, it is hard to see the "touch screen" keys.

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
olofsen

Post by olofsen »

SafePit wrote:Were you planning to allow others to use it or just off your site? If you allow others, could I ask that you add the ability to auto-load a program and the option to remove the eye candy around (registers and such). Please please!!!
The source will be GPL so others are free to use it, and you can have a look to check if it is good enough. I will add a link in a few days to a zip file which will also include an html version with just the screen and a function call with the p file to start with! Here is the link: http://rullf2.xs4all.nl/jszeddy/jszeddy.zip
1024MAK wrote:But once you start typing, it is hard to see the "touch screen" keys.
Yes indeed, I will add an editable opacity field so that the keyboard visibility is adjustable.
stefano

Post by stefano »

It looks very good !
I'm also honoured to see the zxcity demo built with z88dk :)
olofsen

Post by olofsen »

Thank you :) I hope dstar and wall run reasonably well (except g007hrg)? And yes, I think the z88dk is a great tool to write in C for the ZX81! Yesterday I was adding some color to the dstar demo, but realized that you would perhaps be thinking about adding that to the library (but that would be something for the Chroma thread)?
stefano

Post by stefano »

Well, having coloured WRX helps for 'wall' only, DStar runs well in UDG mode too.
Probably some color-cycling effect in mode 0 would have been better, but this tweak in mode 1 is a bit easier..
Attachments
dstar-chrome81.p
Dstar for the Chrome81 interface (still UDG mode compatible)
(5.14 KiB) Downloaded 290 times
palmheads

Post by palmheads »

Gotta say, this is an awesome project!

This will be my default emulator from now on I think.

Well done!!!

cheers
Daryn
SafePit

Post by SafePit »

Finally got around to testing this out on my site and so far so good. I was able to replace the old Java JtyOne emulator with JSZeddy and it works pretty good. Here is an example.

I'm still hacking a bit at the overall layout and I can't decide if I want to include the keyboard or not. There are also some programs that don't work or crash (I think they are running out of memory). But these are minor things at the moment.

Thanks again for sharing!!!