EO + ZXpand?

Emulator and emulator development specific topics
sirmorris

Re: EO + ZXpand?

Post by sirmorris »

Hi Xav,
XavSnap wrote:I tryed DskCenter on the Binary file, and it can read root directory of the SD image disk !
The image works fine when I write it to an SD card with DD. I can mount it as a virtual drive in linux, and WinImage thinks it's ok so maybe you should mail the authors of DskCenter to have a look and see if they can fix their problem. Is it open source?
XavSnap wrote:ProDos is already code in this project.
I don't really see why this is relevant? :?
XavSnap wrote:But, the ZXpand's DLL declarations in Vb81 seem to generate an error...
You'll have to help me out a little. What compiler are you using? What error is being generated? I provided c++ example code but isn't VB81 written in VB? You'll need to do some porting work I guess... ;¬D
XavSnap

Post by XavSnap »

Hi,

Regard the game "Something To Do in Paris" (LOAD "XAV/STDIP.P" on the "card.bin" SD image disque)

Code: Select all

W,N,DRINK COFFE,S,S,EXAM PICTURE,EXAM NOTE,EXAM DESK,N,E,N,PULL CHAIN,S,W,GET UMBRELA,EXAM SOFA,USE KEY,D ...
In the shop, type "BAY SNOWBALL" BAY=BUY !!! sorry.

Commands:
DRINK,EXAM,PULL,USE,GET,JUMP,WAIT,BAY(buy!),North,West,South,East,UP,DOWN...

Have Fun.
Xavier ...on the Facebook groupe : "Zx81 France"(fr)
XavSnap

Post by XavSnap »

Hi,
Juste rename the attached "bin" file to "card.bin" (dont forget to backup the old release!)

type LOAD"MENU"

web site link : http://hebdogiciel.fr
Have fun.
Attachments
card [HEBDOGICIEL].zip
HEBDOGICIEL in SD format for ZX81 [ZXpand]
(83.3 KiB) Downloaded 273 times
Xavier ...on the Facebook groupe : "Zx81 France"(fr)
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

I think I missed this post at the time :O
Great stuff, Xav!
dr beep

Post by dr beep »

I have downloaded this version to alter all older 1K hiresgames into ZXPAND-joystick support, but besides the ZXPAND 1.25 message I can't load the files.
What next? I have BIN with all games on it.
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

This may be the version with support for files in a sub-folder rather than a disk image - much more convenient I hope you'll agree - but I can't remember. My old man brain is weakening day-by-day it seems :D

I'll check and let you know.

C
nollkolltroll

Post by nollkolltroll »

Sorry for reawakening an old post, but my question is relevant.
I can't find any info on how to use sub-folders, was it ever possible? It'd be really useful to me. Now that I have the real zxpand, I have some code to test/debug on the emu before deploying on the real thing...
/Adam
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

The last version I posted used folders, I think. If I'm wrong then I may be able to get hold of a version that does. It's less accurate, but more convenient.

EOs that use a file as virtual storage use the same filing system code (fatFS) as the hardware does. The version which uses a folder has a pretty basic simulation of the file system code which does not behave the same as FATfs in a number of ways - but it's close enough.

There is a folder (CARD? SDCARD? I'll check) where you put your files. Simple as that.

C.

*edit - checked! It's MMC_CARD
nollkolltroll

Post by nollkolltroll »

Thanks, will try it asap.
/Adam
user@lab1

Post by user@lab1 »

Hi.
Maybe my question is "OT"... but, can you tell me if EightyOne has a command line options?

Thanks, Mic.