JSZeddy

Emulator and emulator development specific topics
olofsen

Re: JSZeddy

Post by olofsen »

Great site you have and good to hear that it works! Let me know which programs don't work, especially if these work on JSZeddy's website, because there may be some bug fixes. Alternatively, you may wish to
check out http://www.zx81stuff.org.uk/zx81/jtyone.html
SafePit

Post by SafePit »

olofsen wrote:Great site you have and good to hear that it works! Let me know which programs don't work, especially if these work on JSZeddy's website, because there may be some bug fixes. Alternatively, you may wish to
check out http://www.zx81stuff.org.uk/zx81/jtyone.html
Will do. I did see jtyone was now Javascript (was using the Java version), but I hadn't dug into it yet.
SafePit

Post by SafePit »

I remember why I didn't use JtyOne, I couldn't get it to read the keyboard. So, good for iPad, but not so good for a laptop.
hldswrth

Post by hldswrth »

I am trying to diagnose why the jtyone keyboard input on Macs is not working (I assume you are on a Mac, my PC keyboard works fine). Unfortunately I have no access to a Mac - if anyone has one and is willing to run the emulator and capture the console output resulting from a few keypresses I would really appreciate it - either post the results here or email me, simon@hillbury.net.

Thanks!
ZX81 and TS1000 Tape, Book and Hardware Collection: www.zx81stuff.org.uk
SafePit

Post by SafePit »

hldswrth wrote:I am trying to diagnose why the jtyone keyboard input on Macs is not working (I assume you are on a Mac, my PC keyboard works fine). Unfortunately I have no access to a Mac - if anyone has one and is willing to run the emulator and capture the console output resulting from a few keypresses I would really appreciate it - either post the results here or email me, simon@hillbury.net.

Thanks!
Oops, completely missed the reply. Yes was using a MAC. I just gave it a try again (now using El Capitan) and keyboard seems to work now. Hmmm, now I might need to support both!
olofsen

Post by olofsen »

Yes that is the advantage of choice ;) With JSZeddy there could be timing issues with the screen (because it was based on the z81 emulator). This was especially evident with dr. beep's 1k hires programs. Finally this has been solved (the link is on the first page of this topic; there might be some new bugs). Zsolts' FullHD81demo is perfectly centered, and Andy's ZXTEST2 is bopping (frame selection FS is better set to 1). The speed is approximately 100% (Carlo's ClckFreq gives 99% also because of patches for the Colors demo).
hldswrth

Post by hldswrth »

Thanks to a couple of people's feedback the keyboard in jtyone http://www.zx81stuff.org.uk/zx81/jtyone.html should now work fine on PCs and Macs - and anything else capable of running javascript at a reasonable speed. I've tried an iPhone 5 and and Android phone and it ran happily at 50fps. iPads seem only to be able to get around 20fps.

I also fixed an issue with the on-screen keyboard shift-. not producing a comma.

The emulator is based on EightyOne, but for reasons of speed I've removed most of the custom graphics/sound support, just a vanilla ZX81 with dkTronics/QS/software hires support - enough to run most of the ZX81 programs on my site. I do still lack support for programs which use custom loaders, e.g. PacRabbit.
ZX81 and TS1000 Tape, Book and Hardware Collection: www.zx81stuff.org.uk
palmheads

Post by palmheads »

hldswrth wrote:Thanks to a couple of people's feedback the keyboard in jtyone http://www.zx81stuff.org.uk/zx81/jtyone.html should now work fine on PCs and Macs - and anything else capable of running javascript at a reasonable speed. I've tried an iPhone 5 and and Android phone and it ran happily at 50fps. iPads seem only to be able to get around 20fps.

I also fixed an issue with the on-screen keyboard shift-. not producing a comma.

The emulator is based on EightyOne, but for reasons of speed I've removed most of the custom graphics/sound support, just a vanilla ZX81 with dkTronics/QS/software hires support - enough to run most of the ZX81 programs on my site. I do still lack support for programs which use custom loaders, e.g. PacRabbit.

Hi Simon - just tried this on a Android Nexus 5 running Android 6.0 (Marshmellow) & the touchscreen keyboard does not work. Anyone else seen this?

Great emulator btw - amazing stuff!

cheers
Daryn
marste

Post by marste »

Unfortunately also on my Android 5.1 (SlimSaber bacon) keyboard is not working! :(
And I was not able to find any native app for it!! :?
(But I tryed on PC and is great! Good work!!)
stefano

Post by stefano »

I Have ZexEX by Claudio Matsuoka running good on a good old JellyBean ..

This link could help:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=715&start=10