CroZXy Road - New 16K ZX81 game

General games-related topics
bobs

CroZXy Road - New 16K ZX81 game

Post by bobs »

CroZXy Road - for the 16K ZX81.

A version of the iconic mobile title 'Crossy Road', by Hipster Whale.

Officially approved, and completely free.

More details at http://www.bobs-stuff.co.uk/zx81.html

The game supports the ZXpand joystick.

bobs

Re: CroZXy Road - New 16K ZX81 game

Post by bobs »

Looks like there could be some graphical corruption when the game prompts for initials for a highscore and the ZXpand interface is used. The game itself will continue to work correctly, but your position in the highscore table, and the initials you enter, will appear as random blocks.

I'm hoping somebody here can help with that via this thread: http://sinclairzxworld.com/viewtopic.ph ... 590#p18590
kokkiklhs

Post by kokkiklhs »

Great stuff you produce Bob, really really thanks for your time and patience supporting all us Zeddy (and Speccy) freaks with fresh and astonishing software!!
Thumbs up X 1000!!!
8-)
dasteph

Post by dasteph »

Brilliant, Frogger as come full circle, an 80s game massively modernised and then cast back to humble hardware beginnings. It's an amazing demonstration of how far game mechanics have come in 40 years, and that possibly it wasn't the hardware that was lacking, rather it was more the concepts of gaming as a whole where sill in a very primitive state.
bobs

Post by bobs »

Thanks dasteph & kokkiklhs, it's always really great to hear back from people who play my games - otherwise I'd think nobody cared!

You're exactly right dasteph - one of the reasons I converted this, and ZXagon (see Super Hexagon) before it, is to prove that there are some great modern game ideas which don't rely on amazing graphics or great processing power, and could work just as well on much older machines. I also do it because I simply hate it that the ZX81 is (largely) remembered for awful, slow, unresponsive, and boring games, and ridiculed because of that. Hopefully the 14 games I've written for the ZX81 go some way to prove that the machine is capable of far more.
nollkolltroll

Post by nollkolltroll »

Amazing gameplay! Looks and feels very good. I can't believe it's a Zeddy ;)
/Adam