Shipping from the UK to the US

General Chit Chat about Sinclair Computers and their Clones
questarian

Shipping from the UK to the US

Post by questarian »

I wasn't sure where to ask this, so this ares looked close. Bit of an odd question, but I've bought a number of things from member of the forum in the past so I figured someone might know.

Of those of you in the UK that have used Royal Mail to shipped items to US Postal Service Boxes, have you ever had sent with signature confirm? I would have sworn I've had to sign for several deliveries in the past, but a gent I'm buying from in the UK says, based on http://www.royalmail.com/personal/inter ... ked-signed (towards bottom of page) that it can't.

Thanks
-John-
RWAP

Re: Shipping from the UK to the US

Post by RWAP »

Yes - deliveries to the USA do offer a tracked and signed service - it is just that the seller cannot obtain a copy of the signature (unless I guess they try to claim for a lost item!)

http://www.royalmail.com/price-finder gives you the options for sending mail from the UK to any destination.
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

The note on the web site that I think you are referring to means that as the signature is not captured by Royal Mail, they are unable to make it available to view on the web site. Unlike mail within the UK, where if you know the tracking/registered number, you can view on the web site a copy of the signature of the person that received it.

Does this clear things up?

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
questarian

Post by questarian »

Thank you for clearing that up!

-John-