Interpacks - control systems

Discussions about Sinclair ZX80 and ZX81 Hardware
RWAP

Interpacks - control systems

Post by RWAP »

Someone on Facebook recently pointed out that you can still buy analog / digital controllers etc for adding more I/O to the ZX81 (and Spectrum) amongst others.

I have not come across these before, but they may prove useful to some people - see http://www.dcpmicro.com/interpack/index.htm

Unfortunately their price list and product information is missing - I have emailed them to see if they are still about and suggested they list some of the items on sellmyretro :)
Moggy

Re: Interpacks - control systems

Post by Moggy »

I believe H4th is well suited to such devices, this could prove interesting. :)
RWAP

Post by RWAP »

I have received an email from DCP and they are still alive - they say "Yes we do still have some items available - we sold thousands back in the 80’s and some are even now still in use controlling models or displays etc so we kept a skeleton stock back and offer them as spares or to enthusiasts of the older computers. These were the early products of our company which started in 1981!"

Their current price list is attached - although I have recommended that they look to list these on sellmyretro :)

There is also a more up to date list of products at:
http://www.dcpexpress.com/interpacksfor ... -c-23.html
Attachments
Interpack Price list.pdf
(51.39 KiB) Downloaded 366 times
PokeMon

Post by PokeMon »

I have no idea what interpack is. Any pictures ? ;)
RWAP

Post by RWAP »

PokeMon wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:36 pm I have no idea what interpack is. Any pictures ? ;)
See the original page I linked to at http://www.dcpmicro.com/interpack/index.htm

It is basically a modular I/O interface for various computers - you can attach the packs to communicate with other equipment, but have a specific interface for a ZX81, ZX Spectrum, BBC micro etc
Lardo Boffin

Post by Lardo Boffin »

I have an interbeeb for my BBC micro! But have never used it... At some point I plan do so but life got in the way. Again!!! :evil:

Lardo
ZX80
ZX81 iss 1 (bugged ROM, kludge fix, normal, rebuilt)
TS 1000 iss 3, ZXPand AY and +, ZX8-CCB, ZX-KDLX & ChromaSCART
Tatung 81 + Wespi
TS 1500 & 2000
Spectrum 16k (iss 1 s/n 862)
Spectrum 48ks plus a DIVMMC future and SPECTRA
jonnyb

Post by jonnyb »

I've been following this thread with interest as I've just been dusting off some of my speccy and zx81 addons

One of these is the DCP Interspec (similar to the Interbeeb) for the Spectrum.

It was no surprise to find that I had lost its manual somewhere down the years (probably eaten by dogs)
so after Rich mentioned he had contacted DCP I thought I would give it a go.

David at DCP was amazingly helpful and has sent me all the relevant manuals free of charge which
is pretty cool and some larger companies should learn from that sort of service.

I'll be playing around with it over the next month or so (if I can get one of the speccies up and running)

There's another I/O interface I have from Datel called Robotek - a complete guide for this I've yet to find however