How the ZX80 changed my life

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
geoffellis

How the ZX80 changed my life

Post by geoffellis »

Great site!
I just thought I’d drop a note to say I have just written a brief piece on the Sinclair ZX80 on my blog pages and intend to add more early IT anecdotes from time to time. The Sinclair changed my life as it dragged me into technology which I am stil enjoying.
I was a journalist with The Times from 1981-1985 and had a good view of the Home Computer Wars, and spent much of my time helping British business understand the new world that was about to envelop it. This was done mainly by case studies and application stories. It was a buccaneering time in Britain and I have fond memories of it- I uncovered my old cuttings scrapbook the other day so am feeling a tad nostalgic! I feel proud that The Times was the first national newspaper to carry a weekly computer section of some four pages in which I had an input. I have a blog and intend to add more stuff from the archives if there is enough interest.
Always happy to chat (within reason , and so long as it doesn't include the dreaded Brexit word!)
My blog is www.geoffellisonline.com
Paul

Re: How the ZX80 changed my life

Post by Paul »

geoffellis wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:12 pm the dreaded Brexit word!
Thanks to the Brexit everyone knows that Germany isn't the only country unable to finish larger projects like Berlins new airfield or Stuttgarts new train station :mrgreen:
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Welcome on board Geoff!

:D :D :D

Hello. A warm welcome to Sinclair ZX World.

We do try to avoid the Brexit subject here :mrgreen:

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
geoffellis

Post by geoffellis »

What a blessed relief! Thank you Mark