anyone bought a recreated zx spectrum

Sinclairs-great

anyone bought a recreated zx spectrum

Post by Sinclairs-great »

the recreated Sinclair Zx spectrum was released about 7 years ago I want to buy one but does anyone know if I can use a joystick with it, I did look on the official site ( I think its the official site ) but there was nothing about joysticks on it plus I sent an email to try and find out, just hoping someone on here might know.
1024MAK

Re: anyone bought a recreated zx spectrum

Post by 1024MAK »

Do you mean this

which is just a USB/Bluetooth keyboard. It needs to be used with a ZX Spectrum emulator running on a PC or tablet/smartphone (unless you just want a Bluetooth keyboard).

Or do you mean something else?

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
Sinclairs-great

Post by Sinclairs-great »

YES, @1024MAK that is the one I mean, do you know if I can get a joystick to use with it. also, can you tell me how to reply to someone on here? without a quote.
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

If you will be using it with a PC. As the game will be actually running under emulation on a PC, you will need either a joystick that uses USB, or a traditional Atari compatible joystick and a USB converter. An example of the later is in this thread over on WoSf. Then you plug the joystick or converter into a USB socket on your PC. Note that you do need an emulator that both supports the Recreated ZX Spectrum AND USB joysticks.

If you will be using it with any other device, such as a tablet or smartphone, then I don’t know if you can use a joystick.

With replies on the forum, to generate a notification, there are only two ways that are currently supported, first is to use the quote tag system (but you can delete most of the quoted text if you wish, indeed I recommend this), or to send a private message (‘PM’, but if using a different language, this may be known by a different name) to them.

There is an extension so that use of the @ symbol before a username will notify a user, but as far as I know, it is not in use on this forum.

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.