New year, new projects?

Any discussions related to the creation of new hardware or software for the ZX80 or ZX81
nollkolltroll

New year, new projects?

Post by nollkolltroll » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:56 pm

A new year is looming on the near horizon, and so I wonder if you have any SW projects that you plan on creating or releasing in 2019? Please share, entice and inspire!

I have one recent almost finished project that only need documentation and packaging before release, very low level graphics in nature and super flickery.
The other project was started last week, involving coding directly for the ROM, using only the original 1K RAM. A graphical demonstration, just swap out the ROM-chip for visual pleasure :)
/Adam

dr beep

Re: New year, new projects?

Post by dr beep » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:41 pm

Well I keep searching for ideas to code in 1K, both lowres and hires.

Don’t know if I will switch back to ZX Spectrum to finally finish my ACES- project.

RetroTechie

Re: New year, new projects?

Post by RetroTechie » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:37 pm

I'll surely be doing something in the area of ZX81 hardware this year. Haven't done so in a while, the 'itch' is getting stronger, pretty sure I can't ignore that for much longer. :D

For public consumption (as in: you can read about the gory details): very likely. Putting something out as ready-to-buy product: possibly, perhaps. No promises there.

And good chance I'll have a go at coding something for the Zeddy. Maybe a simple demo, a small game or utility - who knows. I still like to flex my coding skills (however limited) from time to time. But the hardware side of things is more my cup of tea...